[TenTec] Omni VI Help

Wade Staggs tvman1954 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 19:08:33 EDT 2014

*Dear Friends,*
*                       We recently went through both my Friends Omni VI
option 3 and my Paragon. Because I plugged in an Accessory to the Power
Port ( RCA Jack ) on the back of the radio (Omni VI opt. 3), that was dead
shorted. I had to remove the DC Distribution Board to repair a Burnt ( Open
) Circuit Board Trace. There are several plugs on this board that supply
voltage to various places in the radio. So, with that recent experience in
mind, I say that Any Short or Load that will pull a 20 Amp Power Supply
down to " about zero." Has to be either the Crystal Oven and I am not
familiar with the voltage feed for it. Or as stated earlier ...... The
Finals in the PA Enclosure. Or the DC Reverse Polarity Protection Diode.
Most anything else would open ( Burn Open ) the smaller circuit board
traces on the DC Distribution Board. Of this fact I am like Ivory Soap ....
99.44/100's percent sure. Please, keep us informed as to what you find.
Remember that Ivory is so Pure that it Floats. And if you are old enough to
remember that ..... you got my reference to 99.44/100's percent...*
*                                                                        73
from Wade/KJ4WS*