[TenTec] Orion II Power Up Problem

Bernie Skoch via TenTec tentec at contesting.com
Mon Jun 30 20:11:52 EDT 2014

I have searched the archives (admitedly briefly) and haven't found this problem.

On power-up the first thing in the morning or after an extended power-off, everything boots normally, but the sweep shows no signals and the receiver is deaf.  But with 100% reliability, a power-off followed by a second power-on makes everything perfect.

This seems to have coincided with my loading version 3.033xd firmware a few weeks ago (yes, I am a late adopter), but I can't swear to it.

The symptoms seem similar to the A9 power distribution board issue I have read about, but not quite.

Does anyone have any experience with a similar problem?

Thanks for any hints before I call Ten Tec.

73,
Bernie