[TenTec] In praise of older technology AM transmitwithTenTecrigs

Sat Mar 1 11:41:57 EST 2014

Depending on the filter installed, there is a jumper that changes the stage
gain to make up the loss in the filter.  Different filters have different
amounts of insertion loss.   It just could be the jumper is not correct.  Or
the filter may be defective or may not even be the correct filter.  Many
hams believe "if it plugs in, it should work".  Ha Ha!

My Omni VI Plus has a #220 - 2.4 kHz filter in the N-1 position, a #218 -
1.8 kHz in the N-2 position.   Filters # 216, # 217 & #219 require the
jumper to be in the high gain position.   Filters #218 & #220 us the low
gain position for the jumper.   This is for the 9 MHz IF.

The 6.3 MHz IF has the standard 2.4 kHz then the #288 1.8 kHz for SSB and
the #285 500 Hz for CW and the #282 Hz for CW.

Regarding the S meter, it needs to be calibrated.  It requires two signals
levels, one being 1.60 uV to set the offset value such that the meter reads
S-3 and then 50uV to set the meter to indicate S-9.  There is interaction
between the two adjustments.  Repeat the process 3 or 4 times as necessary.
This is done on 20M.

73
Bob, K4TAX