[TenTec] Request for 26m Spiderpole suporting IG9Y 2014

PA5MW, Mark pa5mw at home.nl
Wed Mar 5 03:31:12 EST 2014

Hello Rick,

I am a team-member of  2014 IG9Y.

In 2013 IG9Y participated in the CQWW SSB and is currently #6 in the MM
section worldwide, just behind K3LR but in front of DR1A, W3LPL, II9P etc.
That result was done in a very restricted, typical field-day-style setup
on Lampedusa Island,  http://ig9y.com/

For 2014 the team wants to participate in both the SSB and CW CQWW contests.
Many new antennas have been arranged and are currently tested.
I will join the CW  event (on 160m), together with Aurelio PC5A (who
does 15m).
Probably I will bring my ORION along :)

There are still some vacancies at both the CW  and SSB weekends,
interested ?

However , for 160m we lack a decent lightweight vertical of min 20m height.
IG9Y has, except for EAntenna no sponsors; all material/equipm is payed
from our own pockets.

My question to you:  can you spare us a 26m spiderpole for IG9Y ?
Any 'used product' will be fine.

Certainly the Spiderpole logo's will be on the IG9Y website.
Next to that, I will write a story on 160m contesting  (using the
spiderpole). It will be about contesting from both small backyard city
lot, medium sized urban lot like ON9CC (M/S 2014 using the 18m version)
and Big Gun portable like M/M @IG9Y (using the 26m version).  This will
go to the BCC Rundbrief and QST/NCJ magazine (whoever publishes it).

Hope you can support us!

Why not join us?

Are there any other disciplines you can assist/support the IG9Y MM station?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mark van Wijk, PA5MW
(CW team member IG9Y)