[TenTec] Noise from Fans

K8JHR jrichards at k8jhr.com
Fri Mar 7 09:13:36 EST 2014

Ah... so the "plot sickens..."        ;-)

Thanks for that further gloss.  I gotta learn more about diodes.

A local Elmer told me to make a voltage divider (like an L-pad
attenuator) if I wanted to assure a predicted voltage drop, whereas
using one resistor was not as predictable.  This parallels what you are
saying here.   This is why I used an L-pad attenuator in my microphone
matching circuit, but also explains why I used a single resistor in
knocking down the bias voltage - I was not as concerned about the
accuracy of the result on that aspect, where I was on the mic attenuator
bit.  Now I will have to learn about how diodes might be used...  new
horizons for me.