[TenTec] Orion 2 SSB Filter Adj?

John Huffman hjohnc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 15:31:57 EDT 2014

All -

I have a question on my Orion 2 - 566.

There seems to be a receive filter shift between an SSB  bandwidth of
2.4 kHz and less and 2.410 kHz and more.  This happens on both upper and
lower sideband.

At 2.4 kHz the sound of SSB signals has more bass.  At 2.410 kHz and
higher there is less bass.  I can get the bandwidths of 2.410 and higher
to sound the same as the lower bandwidths by adjusting the Pass Band
Tuning to  - 200 hz.

Is there a filter in the receive path at 2.4kHz?  Can it, or the next
wider filter, be tuned or adjusted?

I have never experienced this on my Orion (1) - 565.

73 de K1ESE
John