[TenTec] Wide roofing filter for the RX-366?

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 1 21:16:00 EDT 2014

While filters are expensive, they can be swapped out without a lot of
trouble. That said, I chose a wide filter of 6 kHz, then the 2.4 kHz
standard filter and finally a 500 Hz filter for the narrowest. In my
environment, I won't have to deal with any strong (next door) signals in
a 500 Hz passband. Whenever I take the rig to, say, FD, only the main rx
is much used and it has the 300 Hz roofing filter, 600 Hz, 1.0 kHz, 1.8
kHz, 2.4 kHz, 6 kHz and 20 kHz filters.

I can't see the point in having a 2.7 kHz, 2.4 kHz, and 500/600 Hz
filters because there's not enough difference in the 2.7 kHz and 2.4.
Perhaps a the standard 2.4 kHz, 1 kHz and 500/600 Hz filter would be
best if you have no interest in AM.

Kim N5OP