[TenTec] Eagle problem?

GARY HUBER glhuber at msn.com
Thu May 8 15:06:33 EDT 2014

A local amateur recently chose to take a new Eagle on the 30 day evaluation plan. He likes the receiver but has had problems with the transmitter (after a few minutes on transmit the cooling fans spool up and the radio shuts down).  He communicated with Ten-Tec Service, followed instructions for power, grounding, etc. but was unable to resolve the TX shutdown problem. The Eagle was sent back to Ten-Tec for service, but upon return it appears to have the same problems as before. I saw the Eagle and a disappointed customer this morning. He is at or near the 30 day mark of the evaluation and is troubling over a decision of returning the Eagle Friday morning to get his money back or buying a radio with an apparent problem.

I have no skin in this game. I am a Ten-Tec Ambassador but to the best of my knowledge, I have not been identified as such for this Eagle and will not benefit one way or another. I am however a long time owner, user, and proponent of Ten-Tec products and see the possibility of disappointed and dissatisfied customer as the result of misunderstanding or miscommunication. Any positive suggestions to solve this problem for a friend is greatly appreciated.

73 & DX,
Gary - AB9M