[TenTec] Best of Luck de W4TJE

k6jek k6jek at comcast.net
Tue May 13 00:00:30 EDT 2014

It sure feels like you're right about the demographics judging by the guys I talk to on the air and see at the local swap meets. They are not spring chickens. The ARRL paints a rosier picture. Highest numbers ever in 2012 they point out.   Are these mostly inactive licensees who got a license on a whim but don't really get on the air?
"In the past 40 years, the number of Amateur Radio operators in the US has grown at a remarkable rate:

December 1971: 285,000
December 1981: 433,000
December 1991: 494,000
December 2001: 683,000