[TenTec] Best of Luck de W4TJE

Martin Sole (HS0ZED) martin at hs0zed.com
Tue May 13 06:43:50 EDT 2014

A bit off the original topic but interesting in it's own way  guess.

In Thailand (HS) the responsible authority (NBTC) has only held one
testing for HF intermediate license class applicants in the last 13
years or so. I might be a bit off with the numbers, could have been
twice by now, and maybe 14 years. As a result of this a creative way has
been developed to get locals licensed. Since a reciprocal licensing
scheme exists between the US and Thailand that allows US amateurs full
intermediate class privileges it was considered inappropriate to deny
Thai nationals similar privileges in their own country if they held an
identical license to the reciprocal applicant. Once VE testing was
arranged thanks to the fantastic efforts of E21EIC many Thais have
become licensed that would otherwise have long ago found other pursuits.

Martin, HS0ZED