[TenTec] TenTec and Alpha merger not a good thing

Duane Calvin ac5aa1 at gmail.com
Tue May 13 11:47:25 EDT 2014

Orion II

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas
www.ac5aa.com

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Brian
Carling
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 8:46 AM
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
Cc: Chuck Gerarden
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec and Alpha merger not a good thing

What is an "OII" please?

Best regards - Bry Carling AF4K

> On May 12, 2014, at 8:03 PM, Cecil <chacuff at cableone.net> wrote:
>
> Been a year since you owned a Ten-Tec product but you remain a member of
the list...strange.

> And I do disagree with you on several points.  You sold the best SDR with
a front panel radio when you sold the OII.  Yea you can't hold it in the
palm of your hand....don't know many folks really looking for that...except
QRP ops and back packers...tiny market.

> As far as amps...why couldn't Tokyo Hypower build a successful 1k+
amp...why doesn't Elecraft build a reliable, successful 1k+ amp....and how
about Acom...all tubes....because it's costly and it's hard to compete with
tubes.  Besides everyone knows real...serious amps use tubes....and there is
really no good reason they shouldn't.