[TenTec] TenTec / RF Concepts

HamRadioMaven jrichards at k8jhr.com
Tue May 13 17:07:53 EDT 2014

Too much speculation.

Of course TT's owners are in it for the money, which is OK - it is
supposed to work that way.  I hope they make a killing for their efforts.

Of course we are merely customers; and do not even rise to the level of
"pawns,"  which is OK - it is supposed to work that way.

Of course TenTec is pursuing acting its (and our) best interests -
companies rarely set out to fail.  This is a great opportunity to
reorganize and better allocate resources, maybe even change direction.
Why expect the worst?

I don't knock any team I am on.  Even if my team is in last place, I
talk up winning the Pennant until that becomes impossible, and then I
talk up how good it will be next year.

Talking doom, gloom, and failure may chase customers away when TT needs
them the most.

Some dinosaurs have big opinions how TT should conduct business,
expecting it to support 30 year old radios said to be the best ever
made, and wonder why it does not sell more current models.  Gee... you
figure?

Other dinosaurs wonder why it makes Arduino based products, when that is
one of the hottest trends in multiple fields.  My 70 year old friend,
Mike, home brewed a remote station controller on the Arduino platform
for another ham for under $200.  He looks to buy the TT Rebel after
Dayton.  Maybe TT is AHEAD of the curve, AGAIN, and not behind it, after
all.

I trust John Henry.  If he says he is excited about the deal, then so am
I.   We should all be excited.  We cannot be supportive talking doom,
gloom, and failure?    Why expect the worst?

Just My take.

I will crawl back under my rock now...  ;-)