[TenTec] Alpha Amplifiers and TEN-TEC Merge

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Wed May 14 02:36:09 EDT 2014

Gary,

I don't think you can say that as a rule.
When HP acquired Compaq, the PCs with HP brand on them became cheaper.
Unfortunately their quality seems to be lower as well.

We will see.

The determining factor will be whether or not the new company comes out with
a 500 to 800w amplifier at a much lower price than anything it is selling
now.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Gary Smith
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 2:29 AM
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Alpha Amplifiers and TEN-TEC Merge

Rick,

My experience says that the after a merger, the lower priced equipment from
one company will not be priced less or equal following a merger with a
higher priced outfit. Instead what was the lower priced product,
re-engineered and now sold following the merger of the a higher priced
mentality, will require the previously lower price to be stepped upward to
match an expected price point.

Just a guess.

Gary
KA1J

> Gary, I would say just the opposite would be true.
> Now Alpha has a chance to design an entry level product and sell it
> under the Ten-Tec brand without damaging their high-end reputation.
>
> 73 - Rick, DJ0IP
> (Nr. Frankfurt am Main)

---
protection is active.