[TenTec] Eagle problem?

denton sprague denton at oregontrail.net
Wed May 14 21:20:12 EDT 2014

Nice going Bob…as you might recall, I put out a query on qrz and a couple of other places about the xyl and I having a new double wide installed on our qth….and me running twin lead underneath the floor and out the back for a multi band horizontal loop…we will be having a concrete pad with presumably contruction cloth for reinforcement poured.
That got shot down pretty nicely, so will go to plan B…making a porthole in the side of the new  house for balanced feeders plus a couple of coaxial lines for other stuff…and installing a ground rod via ICE type glitch arrestors and static  drains.
Trouble is…the station is on the north side of the house and the electrical panel with attendant ground rod will be on the south side of the house.
NEC says run a really thick cable and a bunch of ground rods around the perimeter of the house to connect the station ground to electrical ground.
Question..can I run the ground line from the twin lead ground rod to the electrical input ground rod underneath the house? I will be making provisions to have the contractor install portholes in the foundation perimeter to run coaxial feed lines from the station room's porthole to the back of the new house.
From what I have seen…no can do….gotta run around the perimeter of the house.
Antenna is a multi band horizonal loop up about 30 feet, fed with an LL (balanced Pi) tuner fer 10 thru 160 meters with an ICE type glitch arrester and 450 ohm (?) modified twin lead.
when I was kid I had a crystal radio….I think I miss it a lot….
BTW…I did have the forethought to have the construction people run a dedicated 20 amp 120 vac line just for the station.
If this don't make much sense, blame the nice whiskey I am imbibing!