[TenTec] Eagle problem?

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu May 15 01:46:46 EDT 2014

On 5/14/2014 10:33 PM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
> Jim, can you elaborate on that please.
>
> By "not practical", do you mean from an electrical standpoint (ie. it does
> not help) or do you mean from a physical standpoint (the mechanics of
> building it)?
>
> It is done often here in Europe.

N6BV has shown quite convincingly, and  I confirmed his analysis, that
there are many conditions that, depend upon feedline length and severe
mismatch where even the most robust conceivable choke will fry with high
power.

The problem occurs when the SWR is quite high --for example, an 80M
resonant dipole loaded on 40M.

73, Jim K9YC