[TenTec] Orion I for PSK using TT 712 adapter and Windows 7 setup help wanted

Reed Krenn reed.krenn at gmail.com
Thu May 15 07:59:40 EDT 2014

For PTT, I'm using a 9-pin serial cable from a 'real' DB-9 serial com port
on the computer to the DB-9 serial port on the Orion.

I only use the 712 for audio. I agree that you have to have AUX input
selected, and you'll have to play with gain settings to get the level you
need. In my case, I sent a string of characters on PSK-31 with fldigi, then
adjusted the AUX gain until the ALC light just flickers. Not exactly
scientific, but I do get good reports of low IMD.

Reed / WW3A