[TenTec] Eagle problem?

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri May 16 01:25:05 EDT 2014

On 5/15/2014 8:21 PM, Stuart Rohre wrote:
> An easy test for you.  If you take an ohmeter from the shield of the
> mike cable at the base of the mike or where ever you can access it,
> and then touch the other probe to the chassis of the radio, do you get
> zero ohms?  If your ohm meter has a "Lo Ohms" scale use that one.
> IF the continuity is there, that should eliminate the "pin 1 question".

NOT TRUE -- depending on the sensitivity of the Low Ohms scale on your
VOM, it is VERY unlikely that your VOM can tell the difference between a
connection direct to the chassis and a connection via the circuit board
to the chassis. My Fluke, carefully calibrated and with compensation for
the test leads can, but most VOMs cannot.

73, Jim K9YC