[TenTec] Eagle problem?

Frank Kirschner KF6E at mail.com
Fri May 16 17:02:47 EDT 2014

Have you tried a quarter wave counterpoise or an "artificial ground"? I had RF into the mic jack, and a quarter wave counterpoise for each band fixed it. Later, I put in an artificial ground (the shack was on the second floor of the house), which required retuning for each band, but I had no RF problems after that. All the rigs (TS-440, TS-480. Omni V) had the same problem, and both of the fixes worked on all the rigs.

73,
Frank
KF6E