[TenTec] One Real Bummer/Gripe from Hamvention

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Tue May 20 08:53:22 EDT 2014

Right Ron; you're hosed, any way you look hat it.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Ron
Notarius W3WN
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 2:35 PM
To: tentec at contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] One Real Bummer/Gripe from Hamvention

OK, I do have one complaint about the merger.  And it's directly related to
the Hamvention exhibits.

I just read this, a short time ago, on the QRZ.COM forums.

It seems that someone got a Ten-Tec hat by trading them a Yaesu "System
Fusion" hat that they'd just picked up.

Why the blazes was this kept a secret?  Dagnabit, if I'd known about this,
I'd have made a point of getting a Yaesu hat, just to trade it in!

Boy, I'll tell you.  I was told a couple of years ago that if I talked a
local ham into buying an Argonaut V, a hat was in my future as thanks.  I
did; he bought it; no hat.  I helped convince a local ham into getting an
Eagle... same story.  And then I hear about this?

I'll tell you, there's just no justice, no justice in the world.

73, ron w3wn