[TenTec] The Next Flagship

george fritkin via TenTec tentec at contesting.com
Wed May 21 13:00:56 EDT 2014

I have the following OMNIVll, ORIONll, Eagle, TS590s, FT3000, K3, KX3 (with KXPA100), and the ARGO Vl.  Performance is quite a bit similar across the board.  It is features and ergonomics that make the difference.  Now, you are correct the used market will provide such products at very attractive prices.

Developing a new radio now days is a much more complicated job than times gone by.....before DSP

The software investment is extensive.  Squeezing out a couple of DB in performance is technically challenging.  Small companies with limited resources are not going to do it at the 1K or less.

If you say Elecraft, I say Elecraft stuff is not cheap.  A fully gussied-up K3 will set you back over 3K easily.

George, W6GF