[TenTec] Merger

TTMaven jrichards at k8jhr.com
Wed May 21 21:26:29 EDT 2014

	MY WIFE SUGGESTED I BUY THE ORION II.

	MAYBE YOUR XYL NEEDS TO CALL MINE ?     ;-)

We were talking about what was available, and what could do what.   We
were reviewing my product matrix, and comparing features for money, and
a used MINT, hardly used Orion II surfaced for a mere $2700.   SHE told
me to jump on it, because it could do just about anything the others
could do, and nothing would be BETTER for the price - less than a new
Omni VII  (which I also own.)

This is the key factor - what can do BETTER for less money?  They have a
good track record for durability and few repairs.  We almost never hear
about them having a problem that cannot easily be fixed - usually with a
firmware update or some little ditty - rarely do we hear of big problems.

Would another rig get you more contacts?   Would it sound better?
Would it really be $1,000 - $2,000 more fun?   I doubt it.

IT SELLS ITSELF.

I sold my brand new Brand X rig when I put the Orion II on the desk.

Keeping the Omni VII cause it is a huge value, also, and sooooooo easy
to run.

Just MY take.