[TenTec] Virtual Serial Port recommendation

K7TXO Radio k7txoradio at gmail.com
Wed May 28 10:46:58 EDT 2014

Having excellent results with an SDR receiver driven from 9 Mhz IF tap in
565 Orion.  Question; I would like to setup a Virtual Serial Port for two or
more programs to work with Comm ports at the same time.  A few
recommendations for virtual port software?  A clean (no advertisements or
minimal "fluff") would be nice but if there is one for purchase that is
highly recommended, that would be fine.

The scope in the Orion is extremely useful to me.  I hope that the Omni VII
someday has an active scope like it.  When I have time or the desire to
analyze received or my own transmitted signals, the SDR provides terrific
detail.  Having the second receiver in the Orion might let me maintain
reception of a QSO while I can hunt for other openings to QSY too should the
need arise, with a better view through the SDR.  There are other advantages,
pros and cons but speed in operation for me is still handled by controls on
the Orion itself.

Anyway, looking for just a few responses for recommendation of Virtual
Serial Port software that is truly compliant with Windows 7 to
simultaneously use Omni-Rig CAT control software for the SDR and Ham Radio
Deluxe, and other programs at the same time.

Gene  /  K7TXO