[TenTec] New Radios in the Future

Richards jrichards at k8jhr.com
Sat Nov 1 06:07:48 EDT 2014

Right.

Older hams often decry the death of Heathkit, et. al.,  and say younger
hams no longer build kits and stuff...   but I say the spirit and
activity of building stuff (witness the maker movement) is alive and
well,  only the building blocks have changed from through hole
components to PICs and entire boards of components - new building
blocks, same old innovation which has been the hallmark of ham radio
from the beginning.

One of my favorite hams (N1KPR) says,  "It's all good."