[TenTec] Orion 565 Mods

Eric Rosenberg ericrosenberg.dc at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 17:21:59 EST 2014

When the battery failed on my Orion 565, I asked what other mods I could do
to enhance the radio.

The single most commented upon item was to replace the capacitors on the A9
Power Supply Board.

That change took a bit longer, but in the grand scheme of things, was quite
simple. A benefit of a BIG box!

The rig appears to be running better than it has in a while, although it's
hard to quantify that other than to say it hasn't crashed since. My guess
is that the battery died slowly enough that I didn't think to associate it
with the symptoms I was experiencing.

I didn't make Onno's display mods, and have been lucky not to have run into
Barry and others encoder issues.

73,
Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC