[TenTec] Omni Vi's For Sale

Bob Good k4bg at planters.net
Sun Nov 16 14:57:57 EST 2014

Greetings to the Group.  I am offering my two Omni VI’s for Sale as follows:

The first one was purchased as new by me from an estate immediately after the owner had passed having just purchased it.  Full warranty and so forth.  S/N 40A10152 indicates it was manufactured in April 1992.  I have the complete history of this radio including all service work by Ten Tec.  It is fully functional to specs.  It is totally loaded with Ten Tec filters which include 2.4, 1.8, .5, and .25 kHz in the first If and a .5 kHz in the “narrow” 2nd IF.  While undergoing its last service, I had the factory install the DSP Option #1.  It was installed in a console at one time in the past and got a couple of scratches on the case.  I misplaced the bail that raises the front of the unit during that time.  Otherwise, in my opinion, it is pristine.  I have the original factory manual.  The price for this radio is $750.00.

I purchased the second unit so I would have a back up radio just in case.  It is a newer unit S/N 03A10124 indicating a manufacturing date of 1994.  The factory installed  the Option #3 DSP mod in 1997.  The radio was resold by Ten Tec as a refurbished unit with warranty in July 2006.  It also is loaded with all Ten Tec Filters as above but with the addition of Narrow slot #1 contains a .5 kHz and slot #2 has a .25 kHz filter.    I have the factory manual.  It is complete and I just looked and I cannot find a scratch on it.  It comes also with a 961 power supply / speaker. I will sell this set with power supply for a total of $ 950.00.

So, what is the operational difference?   If you hear a weak signal on one; you are going to hear it on the other.  Perhaps the keying wave form is a little improved on the Opt-3.  Transmit SSB audio is superb on both.  QSK is flawless.  VOX is superb on both.  I have  a Factory copy of the manual on the power supply.  I think I might have a Ten Tec box stored in the attic.  Oh yes, neither of them smoked !

If you are looking for manuals, I have the original factory manuals on the Titan II Model 416 amp and Paragon Model 585 available for a reasonable offer.

I like my Omni VII  but I LOVE my Omni VI’s !  The additional features of the O-7 are neat.  As far as improved transmitting and receiving; doubtful!  Please let me hear back from you  and I will be happy to accommodate any way I can.  Call me at 912-863-5767. QRZ info is correct.   I will take pictures if needed.  Have a great day.   Regards,  Bob K4BG, Sylvania, GA 30467