[TenTec] OT Computer Assistance

Phil Sussman psussman at pactor.com
Sat Nov 22 08:15:58 EST 2014

I have been researching the replacement of the three XP machines here
in the shack
and the results have been discouraging. None of my programs: word processing,
spreadsheet, logging, rig interface, and scanner programming is
compatible with
WIN-7 let alone WIN-8.1.

In addition, my interfaces for the printer(s) [non-serial, but
parallel] aren't USB compatible either! I currently have five serial
interfaces, but my two USB ports have yet to operate with serial
adapters. I believe this is because my USB ports are USB-1 type (just
plain old)

Obviously, I do not have an unlimited budget to replace three computers, two
printers, all the software and still be unable to interface with my rigs.
I've got a JRC JST-145 (interfaced with LOGic) and an ICOM IC-756 pro-II.

Any helpful suggestions welcome.

Thanks ES 73

de Phil - N8PS