[TenTec] Contesting Now On 17 Meters?

Reed w4jz at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 22 15:34:23 EST 2014

I was the one that started this thread on the 4th of November.  I was on
18.158 at 2149 UTC working a station in NJ when a station came very
close calling CQ something contest.  I don't recall what contest he was
in, but several stations were going back to him. After using PBT I was
able to complete the QSO & QSY to 10 meters.

Someone else mention this also under a different subject before I posted
asking the question on contesting on 17 meters.  Thought it was strange
that a contest would be in the middle of the week, but I don't keep up
with that part of the hobby.  There is plenty of modes & bands to enjoy
so I just QSY to somewhere else.

Sorry if I came across rough on contesting, but I get a little ticked
off when someone doesn't ask first if the frequency is in use then take
upon themselves to start calling CQ contest.

73,
Reed  W4JZ

 >Based upon the original date of the complaint - most likely I'm one of
the op's that you-all are whining about.