[TenTec] Contesting Now On 17 Meters?

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Sat Nov 22 16:55:14 EST 2014

Reed, try a full wave delta loop,
Horizontal segment on the bottom
Fed in one corner with 1/4 wavelength of 75 Ohm coax, then fed to the shack
with 50 Ohm coax.
You'll knock em dead with that!

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Reed
Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2014 10:33 PM
To: tentec at contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Contesting Now On 17 Meters?

OK thanks guys.  Guess it was some lid because that is only time I heard it.
But someone else mention it too so thought the rules might have changed.
I'm retired so I have the weekdays to enjoy all bands, but know some can
only get on the weekends and 17 meters is most popular for those that don't
do contests.

Wish FCC would give us some more room on this band.  It is a very good band
for DX & state side.  I just got to come up with a better antenna than a
Windom/OCFD. Thinking about building a Moxon. Easy to build &
inexpensive.   Anyone here used one before?

73,
Reed  W4JZ