[TenTec] 238 Tuner Died

john brown n2ydf at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 26 16:32:01 EST 2014

Sent from my iPad     Hi everyone, and thanks for your assistance in advance. Tuner has been working perfectly. Winter snow storm showed up, (Buffalo NY area) Tuner will not tune at all. Very limited change in swr anywhere 10 -160. Also very limited change any where, using Capacitor tuning, Hi Z or Lo Z positions or any setting on the Inductor. It almost acts like the positions are bypassed. Antenna is a 160 meter loop  525ft with a 4 to 1 Balun. It has been performing well for a year or more. If I eliminate the 238 Tuner and use my Orion II, Ft 1000, or Ts-2000 they will all tune the loop alone,or with my ldg at 600 tuner. However the 238 has always allowed me to tune the antenna flat. Looking for ideas on what might have happened or broke. Thanks again for any help. I mainly read the list,and really enjoy the information everyone shares. I have found answers here before and hope to find more in the future.  73 John, N2YDF, Freedom N.Y.