[TenTec] Jupiter & Buddipole: A Dynamite Combo

John Rippey w3uls73 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 19:27:51 EST 2014

Just made a QSO on CQ WW CW contest with JA3KBY, using my Buddipole on
our balcony and the Jupiter. The very faint JA3 was very patient and
worked hard to get my call right, which I appreciate. With the
Buddipole oriented toward the southeast, and surrounded on the west
and north sides by concrete and rebar, the signal must have come in
long path.

It is not unprecedented for me to work an occasional JA (or Hawaii or
VK), but it's a first for just 100 watts and the Jupiter. No
counterpoise, either. No RFI. Amazing.

73,

John, W3ULS