[TenTec] Modern version of the Tec Tec Corsair - please Ten Tec!

Martin Sole (HS0ZED) martin at hs0zed.com
Thu Oct 2 05:37:11 EDT 2014

I've long liked the analogue radio sound. So far my all time fave, just
for the audio, is a KWM2 with that big 6x4 speaker, something about that
warm sound seems magical. Next up from my current radios would be my
Omni V. Not sure how that might differ from the Corsair but whilst
generally pleasant it's not in the KWM2 league. Then the Orion 565 and
Elecraft K3, bit of a mixed bag these two as they are both very variable
but I've not yet been able to recreate the analogue sound. I might need
to experiment with amplifiers right at the point the signal becomes
analogue. A god analogue audio amp with LTP input and complementary pair
output in discrete silicon feeding a big speaker, might sound very
different.

The TS940 had good audio too but for me about the same as the Omni V

Martin, HS0ZED