[TenTec] Modern version of the Tec Tec Corsair - please Ten Tec!

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Thu Oct 2 10:45:18 EDT 2014

Mike that was Don, not me.
I don't have an Omni VI anymore.  Just an Eagle and a Scout and a very old
Omni A over at a friend's house.  I will retrieve it and play a bit.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Mike Bryce
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2014 4:30 PM
To: Don Rasmussen; Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Modern version of the Tec Tec Corsair - please Ten
Tec!

rick,,,

just a nit to pick,

you're omni 6 is still talking digital. From the PLL to the digital freq
control. All digital and no matter how well you filter, there's still a
zillion 1s and 0s being turned on and off.

yes pulling out the audio before the DSP will make it sound better, but you
still have all the other stuff cooking behind.

Now, the Omni A... that's all analog

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o

A man with one clock knows what time it is. A man with two clocks is never
sure.

On Oct 1, 2014, at 12:36 PM, Don Rasmussen via TenTec
<tentec at contesting.com> wrote:

> http://www.palstar.com/en/tr30a/
>

> This one may get off the ground and would probably be the last analog
transceiver ever built new.

> Ten Tec did the first solid state design with Argo/Triton.
>
> I have a Corsair II with Inrad 2.8's and N4YG DDS. It's a great sounding,
simple desktop radio.

> I also use an OMNI 6 Plus with 100% analog. You have to take the audio out
to external powered speakers before it gets to the DSP.