[TenTec] ROCKER POWER SWITCH FOR PARAGON II AND 961 PS

Sun Oct 12 14:24:08 EDT 2014

Something doesn't seem correct with your failure experience.

I have power supplies and radios that have these as the original power
switches.  Many of these get turned on and off daily.  I have also repaired
may of the power supplies and radios of these brands/models and I can't
recall the last time I had to replace a switch.

The switch in the Paragon II only handles a small amount of DC to switch a
relay, where the major amount of DC current is handled by a power relay.  Of
course the switch in the 961 is switching 120 VAC unless you have it
configured for 230 VAC.  The latter might be of concern but I have no
experience in this area.

73
Bob, K4TAX