[TenTec] ROCKER POWER SWITCH FOR PARAGON II AND 961 PS

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at hawaiiantel.net
Sun Oct 12 23:40:43 EDT 2014

"Both switches fail.. After time they become progressively more
difficult to switch until they finally fail. "

That sounds to me like the failure is mechanical (as Bob said) and has
nothing to do with contacts going bad due to excessive load, arcing or
anything like that. In that case the advice to lubricate them may be the
only way to extend their lives. I recall one of those switches failing
in a similar way. I think I replaced it, and have had no trouble since.
It would be nice to find a better switch that fits the same space and
has the same look, or at least looks as good. If you find one I'd like
to know the part number. I'd consider being a participant in a group
order if that helps to get a better price.

DE N6KB