[TenTec] Orion II Problem

art N4UC n4uc at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 16 17:23:22 EDT 2014

Believe me I was really trying to find that bad connections were the source of the problem, but no joy.  When all this started happening I went completely through the radio (I'm not shy about taking radios apart) and disconnected and cleaned every connector contact in the radio and then exercise each several times during re-mate. That includes removing each board from it's motherboard connection.  All to no avail.  I subsequently repeated that scenario many times over several days thinking I just hadn't hit the magic pin/socket. But after all the cleaning, pushing, and flexing of every connection and every board on multiple occasions, I never detected any change or effect on the problem.

But as W2NSD used to say, Never Say Die!

Art/N4UC