[TenTec] Centurion is on the Fritz

Carter k8vt at ameritech.net
Thu Oct 23 16:05:46 EDT 2014

On 10/23/2014 1:54 PM, Richards wrote:
> I have modest DIY sills and  test equipment but I am game to try any
 > diagnostic test within my skill level.  Any ideas?

You've already mentioned this in another post, but it bears repeating:

DANGER! HIGH VOLTAGE!! Do NOT use your VOM to attempt to measure the
high voltage. Unless you have a special high voltage probe, it will
vaporize.

You could call Garry Green at the Mother Ship and run the symptoms by
him. At one time I seem to recall him saying something about a QSK board
failure under certain fault conditions.

I'm not familiar with the K2 watt meter or how it "breaks the key line".
You may want to disable/totally disconnect that feature and go directly
into a dummy load.

73,
Carter   K8VT