[TenTec] repairs

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Tue Oct 28 08:56:04 EDT 2014

Paul,

If you are correct and unless I'm missing something pretty spectacular here,
at that price it will be born dead.
What features could it possibly have to make it worth close to $2K?

I've already pointed out one (which is speculation, I know) but if true, it
will mean sub-par performance, unless they do follow it up with DSP filters.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Paul Gentry
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 1:49 PM
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
Subject: Re: [TenTec] repairs

What you stated is possibly one reason why it's not in production yet.
This was a new product showcased at Dayton last year (2013) and was supposed
to be out by August 2013!  Here we are roughly at November 2014.

Of course I could sight other products including RF Concepts tuner, and Ten
Tec's Patriot.  Manufacturing issues including sourcing parts, etc.
sometimes leads to the products never coming into production.  As you stated
though, price is the leading factor to buyers and usually trumps everything
else.  Why buy the Palstar when you can buy an Eagle that arguably has more
features, is in production, has the bugs worked out, and is cheaper?  The
TR30a definitely won't come in at under 1K as you wished.
The QRPer blog listed a range of $1500-2000.

Paul K4BWG