[TenTec] repairs

Paul Gentry phgentry at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 10:55:21 EDT 2014

I remember seeing ads in magazines for it.  I also remember the tried
resurrection of the Atlas which was based on the idea in this thread of a
simple radio that is serviceable.  Atlas didn't last too long in it's first
inception.  Their basic marketing was Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) and the
reintroduction (the Atlas 310) back in the early 90's never happened.  I
think an ad made it to QST but the radio was never manufactured.

The Scout is probably the best example of a bare-bones rig with fairly good
operability.  Of course "we" always want more especially if we are
contesters.

Paul K4BWG <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tux>