[TenTec] Omni 7 hidden commands?

Thu Oct 30 15:13:07 EDT 2014

The VFO LOCK feature in engaged by pressing and holding the MENU button. The
red LED will be on when locked.    See the manual, page 13 under "(20)MNU
for more details.

While the manual says;
"TIP: The menu system can also be exited by pressing the MULTI encoder or
any other transceiver button".  I find this DOES NOT apply to version 1.036
firmware.

Yes, I know where there is a "basket full" of easter eggs.

73
Bob, K4TAX

DISCLOSURE:
All opinions expressed herein are solely those of K4TAX and do not reflect
opinions, ideas, policy or practice of other persons or companies including
Ten-Tec / R F Concepts.

This is to inform all persons I am a Ten-Tec Ambassador and I receive
compensation according to the Ten-Tec Ambassador program.  In addition, I
serve as a volunteer beta test person to Ten-Tec for the Omni VII, Eagle and
Argonaut VI radios.  I am not an employee of Ten-Tec and hold no employment
relationship, no financial or other interests, nor do I conduct any
commercial business, direct or indirect, with Ten-Tec.