[TenTec] On Crystal Filters

Vic Klein vhklein at ptd.net
Fri Oct 31 07:03:46 EDT 2014

Curiously, I have also seen a recent insertion loss when selecting the 500
Hz filter in my 585 Paragon. I never could tell much difference (especially
looking at a waterfall display) between the 500 and 250 Hz filters, so I've
resorted to just using the 250. They were both essentially equal until the
last few months, and equal to the 1.8 and 2.4 filters as well, but now
signals are lower when the 500 is selected. I haven't tried reseating them
or anything at this point. If you work on it, let me know what you find.

=Vic=
WA4THR