[TenTec] repairs

James Boswell jboswell at nrao.edu
Fri Oct 31 12:37:41 EDT 2014

On 10/31/2014 9:39 AM, Al Gulseth wrote:
> It would be interesting if someone had the time to inventory the schematics
> and parts lists of the older TT rigs to see what is actually there. My guess
> is that when it comes to the less common devices, careful shopping at surplus
> electronics suppliers/hamfests, using adapter boards with functional
> equivalent parts which have a different pinout, and having a "salvage yard
> mentality" willingness to scavenge parts from non working or obsolete
> equipment could yield most of what might be needed at a reasonable cost. (The
> point is that TT generally wasn't the only manufacturer to use these
> devices.) There are also retrofit digital displays available. The only real
> sourcing issue might be PA transistors (e.g. Argosy MRF477s.)
>
> Then again, these rigs are inexpensive enough that keeping a spare/parts rig
> around as suggested probably wouldn't be that big of a deal if you have the
> storage space available.
>
> 73, Al
>
>Hello,
      	That is the system I am using. Considering the plug-in boards, if
you have one good radio it is easy to swap boards to trouble shoot
problems. For the most part, almost all the parts you need to keep these
radios running are on the market, you might have to dig around a bit.
      	I have several CorsairII, Corsair and Omni C units. Fact is I
have too many and I am running out of space. I will be selling several
radios in the near future.
	For the past 10 years I have owned a Paragon and that is the radio I
use for comparisons between receivers. The Corsair II is my favorite
rig, no menus to remember. The Omni C is the number 2 rig.

73'S KA5SIW

James Boswell