[TenTec] Zepp?

Don Jones ko7i at comcast.net
Sun Sep 14 10:41:05 EDT 2014

Just swapped the 4:1 balun out replacing it with a 1:1 balun. I am now
back to using a 2 ft long jumper of RG-213 and the auto-tuner combo
seems to work OK. Glad to see the longer section of coax gone between
the balun and the tuner.
The tuner is inside the ammo can now, but it does not have a proper EMI
gasket on the lid. But at HF freq's it probably does at least a half ass
job of being a Faraday cage. When I ran into trouble it was outside in
the elements.
The tuner still will not "tune" the doublet above 28.3 MHz just as
stated in my original message. At least it works on the CW band of 10M.
Once again, thank you for suggesting I try a 1:1 balun instead.
Vy 73, Don KO7i . .