[TenTec] Zepp

k6jek k6jek at comcast.net
Mon Sep 15 15:40:35 EDT 2014

The latest QST has an interesting EDZ beam. It has a discontinuous reflector, actually two reflectors, one for each half. William Alsup, N6XMW, modeled it with EZNEC. The model predicts 6 dBd. That is pretty wonderful but the antenna takes a heck of a lot of space.

A plain old EDZ is dang fine antenna. I ran one on 15M some number of sunspot cycles ago. I could work Japan without even turning the transmitter on, actually without even entering the shack. It was that good.

Jon