[TenTec] Oooo-PS

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Sep 20 14:25:49 EDT 2014

On Sat,9/20/2014 10:12 AM, Ron | K5XK wrote:
> Another vote against using "The Ooops Store" (UPS Store) and Ooops shipping.
> Another member of the list and I have been trying for weeks to collect
> damages for packing and shipping another fine piece of TenTec gear that was
> mangled upon delivery.  I think N5OP's tongue & cheek comment about them
> breaking anvils may be true!

I save all the boxes and packing material (except those awful peanuts)
and use them for anything I need to ship. I have far more of both than I
will ever use.  I would NEVER use UPS for packing or shipping, because
they use those awful packing peanuts, which fly all over hell when I
open the box. There should be a special place in hell for the low life
who invented them.

My standard shipper is FedEx, and I mostly use ground. So far, never a
problem. It's easy (and cheaper) to go online to FedEx to fill out the
shipping info, print the label for the box, and drop it at a FedEx
place. And, last I looked, FedEx was cheaper for home delivery!

73, Jim K9YC