[TenTec] F.S. Omni VI Option 3 + 961 P.S.

Richards jrichards at k8jhr.com
Sat Sep 20 18:46:23 EDT 2014

Good point, Carter.

There must be be different types of store locations.  You may have to
search to find one that packs.  I live on the SW corner of GR, and our
store packs and ships.  If they don't pack in your bailiwick, then you
may have to deal solely with UPS and dig in whenever a claim arises.
Like insurance companies, they are not in the business of paying claims.

Suggestion:   If you pack it, yourself, take photos of the packing
technique and materials used, in and out of the box, to prove how you
did it.   Take photos of the item before you pack it.  Buying extra
insurance may be a good plan, as it may shift the risk of loss from UPS
to an outside entity - which may be easier to deal with. Declare its
full value.

HOME OWNER'S INSURANCE may cover the loss.  I suggest filing a claim no
matter what you think is excluded by the policy.  I have seen plenty of
claims paid over doubtful coverage.   (Of course, I have also seen
plenty more claims denied when coverage is certain!  So you mileage may
vary considerably!)

OT Sidebar --   Also...if you travel West of Ypsi or AA, give me a call
on the W8IRA linked repeater system!   My friend W8HVG built it, and my
friends and I maintain it -  OK, ... er... they do the technical stuff,
and I help as much as I can.   West of Ypsi or AA should reach the
Jackson or Okemos sites.

Happy days, neighbor.