[TenTec] 961 PS REPAIR / REPLACEMENT---WTB 961PS

Alan via TenTec tentec at contesting.com
Sat Sep 20 22:30:33 EDT 2014

I made a recent comment as to how well my PARAGON II has been  performing
over the years then Friday evening  there was a "pop" and a  dimming of the
961 PS red light and that smell of smoke. Removing the cover a local ham
noted immediately the bridge rectifier  board was fried.

I have been reading thru the  TenTec List's ARCHIVES  searching for
guidance how to better assess the situation and effect  repairs.

The limited information notes the board is no longer available  so some
have attempted to rebuild the board with limited success. Also I am not  sure
what caused the problem and how far the damage extends beyond the board. I
am afraid that the fact I am one of those "appliance operators' may be
showing.  Monday morning a call to TenTec seems in order however I was wondering
if  someone on the LIST could point out warning signs of impending failure I
should  have been alerted to and if rebuilding the bridge circuit ( or
replacing ) is viable option. Were there modifications to minimize this failure
from occurring?

REPLACEMENT 961;   Regardless if repairable or  not , I want to purchase a
961 PS...please contact me off-List if you have  one for sale

Regards

Alan KB7MBIreplacement 961  PS