[TenTec] RKR

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Mon Apr 6 01:37:58 EDT 2015

OK, that part was indeed new to me.
The official word was that Ten-Tec was getting the boards from RF-Concept -
implying RF-concept was doing it.  If they were subcontracting it locally,
that is not exactly doing it yourself, is it.  On the other hand,
subcontracting locally gives you a lot better control than when
subcontracting to China.

IMO there is no difference between subcontracting locally and d-i-y.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Lee WA3FIY
Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2015 11:33 PM
To: Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP; Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RKR

My understanding is that RF Concepts did not manufacture PC boards.  That
work was done by QSC Systems in Longmont CO., a subcontractor for RF
Concepts.  QSC has been building PC boards and perhaps other items for RF
Concepts/Alpha for over 5 years and for Ten Tec since RF Concepts acquired
them last year according to the press release.  Two of the key people from
QSC including a founder of that company over 20 years ago are partners with
Ken Long formerly of RF Concepts in RKR.  So I call that a change and I
suspect a good one for most folks.  PC board manufacture is now in-house.
It looks to me like a more compact and efficient organization. Time will
tell.

I am proceeding with looking into multiple unit buys of Ten Tec radios on
the basis that they are moving forward and will be able to provide goods and
services as needed.

73,

-Lee-
WA3FIY

On 5 Apr 2015 at 19:52, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:

> What has changed since RKR bought them?
> The PC boards were manufactured in Colorado by RF Concepts since the
> move, which is still in-house. They will continue to be manufactured
> there. Nothing has changed with this latest acquisition.
>
> 73 - Rick, DJ0IP
> (Nr. Frankfurt am Main)

---