[TenTec] TenTec Digest, Vol 148, Issue 9

Katz Ajamas ajamas.rn at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 19:31:03 EDT 2015

> Message: 8
> Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 16:27:03 -0400
> From: Dave Edwards <kd2e at comcast.net>
> To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec at contesting.com>
> Subject: Re: [TenTec] RKR
>
> Bob....Just curious...Does the Omni VII offer more than the Eagle, or
> are they similar??
>
> ....Dave

Dave-

I really like that the 588 has ethernet for remote control. It has 5 filter
slots instead of 3. It has an input for a separate receive antenna.

It also has 100W 100% duty cycle.
Cleaner transmit specifications.
I would still like a fancier built in keyer.

The 599 is conveniently small. IMO it really needs an input for a separate
RX antenna, one more filter slot, more features for the keyer. I was
assembling a outboard switch but if I can get the back panel off the 599
without too much trouble, I may modify it for 2nd antenna.

73, Bob ah7i/w4