[TenTec] field day antennas

Jim Allen jim.allen at longhornband.net
Tue Apr 14 12:52:20 EDT 2015

The 130' dipole I have at the moment has been a decent performer on all bands, better on 40 then 80, better on 20 than 40, etc.  It is only 32' high at the center and slopes to ~15' at each end.  It is fed with about 100' of 450 ohm ladder line and matched with a Icom AH-4. Thence RG-8X to the shack.  It would be more effective if it were higher, of course.

I'm in the process of upgrading to a delta loop for 40 and a rotating dipole for higher, but I have been satisfied with the dipole.

73 de W6OGC Jim Allen

Sent from my iPad