[TenTec] Field day antennas

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Apr 14 14:53:45 EDT 2015

On Tue,4/14/2015 11:33 AM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
> I don't have a lot of experience with FD in USA.

FD antennas depend a lot on where you live. From Chicago, I used a pair
of 20/15/10 fan dipoles -- one broadside E/W, the other N/S. They don't
need to be very high -- 25-30 ft is good, and a bit lower still works.
Likewise, a pair of 80/40 fans as high as we could get them. We ran
three stations, so coax feed with resonant antennas and great radios
matter. The group I went with there has been placing #1 - #3 for years.
They're now using all K3s.

 From CA, we use a C3SS on a modular surplus military mast, usually
about 25 ft, aimed at the east coast. We still manage to work AZ, WA and
OR off the sides. For 80 and 40, one fan dipole as high as we can get
it, broadside to 70 degrees, if we're running one TX. If two TX, one for
each band. K3s the weapon of choice.

73, Jim K9YC